Re: Nvidia-OpenGl "Library not found" problem, but not as root...

Sorry for the late send, I made a mistake and sent it to David directly.
Which was denied.

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 15:30 +0300, David Baron wrote:

> > > Is your regular user in the 'video' group?  In order to use OpenGL
> > > applications with the nVidia driver, I believe you need to be in this
> > > group to have access to the necessary devices.
> >
> > yes, I'm in the video group, also audio etc..., but a good idea!
>
> I also cannot run googleearth except as root. Have not seen a library not
> found item but a permission denied message. Something to do with how their
> installation sets up the symlinks, I believe. Anyone fixed this?

apt-cache policy googleearth-package

it is in Etch, Lenny and Sid, in the contrib section.

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&version=all&exact=1&keywords=googleearth-package

8-)
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net