Re: dnsmasq in debian

On 4/15/07, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
Gunnar Björkdahl:

> I'm trying to setup dnsmasq on my LAN. I configured the adresses in
> /etc/hosts and I can ping them fine. But I am unable to ping the outside
> world. What have I done wrong or missed?

There is no way to know. You didn't tell us what you wanted to use
dnsmasq for (DNS, DHCP?), how you configured it and what error message
you got.

J.
--

Could you post the ouput of cat /etc/resolv.conf?

Also, how did you configure your LAN? Did you set up a box to act as a router with 2 NICs?

--
Andrew Bassett