Fwd: Re: Sarge packages have disappeared

Subject: Re: Sarge packages have disappeared
Date: Sunday 15 April 2007 21:50
From: Christian Marillat <marillat@free.fr>
To: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr>

Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> writes:
> On Sunday 15 April 2007 20:53, you wrote:
>> nigel henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> writes:
>> > What's happened to the repo for Sarge Christian. Folks are getting 404's
>> > when trying to access it?
>>
>> Sarge the stable distribution is now called etch.
>>
>> Christian
>
> I appreciate that Christian. Stable is now asigned to Etch. But do we have
> access to the Sarge repo, before Etch became stable? I think this equates
> as old-stable now. it would be a shame to think that all these packages for
> Sarge were now in the trash, and no longer available.

Too late. Users should ask before the stable release (even if asked
months before) to have an old-stable repository.

Christian

This is a bit sad. Christian has trashed all the available multimedia packages
for Sarge since Etch has gone stable. In effect. if we want multimedia
packages we are being forced to upgrade to, at least Etch. I have 1 Sarge,
and 2 Etch installs. One of my Etch installs I'm soon going to put back on
testing to see how lenny goes, but don't understand why packages that were
available for Sarge from Christian Marillat's repo are now no longer
available!!.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm wasting my time working with computers. It might
just be better taking my dog for a walk. Throwing a stick for him to fetch,
and seeing him bringing it back to you. There's certainly more peace of mind
when playing with a dog, than trying to resolve problems with the infernal
machine.

Apologies. Perhaps I'm just a bit T'd off at the mo.

Nigel.