Re: OpenOffice.org spellchecks

andy wrote:

> I am using OOo on Etch with the English (UK) dictionaries enabled.
> However, I am finding that when I have the spell check enabled for when
> I type, there are no errors being picked up nor does the manual spell
> check find any errors either, despite me entering deliberate neologisms
> like "ggftr" and so on. KWriter finds the errors just fine so the
> dictionaries are evidently loading just fine.
> I have fiddled around with the language and writing aids in OOo and
> still zippo.
>
> Any thoughts?

Hi Andy,
It might help if you indicate what version of OOo you're using but I'll
assume something recent. A quick way to see which spelling dictionaries are
installed is to open a new document. Go to Format -> Character and see what
Language is indicated by default. It should have a blue check mark next to
it (that means it's installed) with a small "ABC" above the check mark.
There is a drop down menu which you can scroll to see which languages are
installed (the ones with the blue check mark). If the default languge isn't
what you want you can set it in Tools -> Options -> Language Settings ->
Languages and then select your  Default languages for documents. If your
language isn't installed there's a wizard in the File Menu -> Wizards that
lets you install new dictionaries.
Cheers,
Jonathan