Re: etch/volatile -- public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY EC61E0B0BBE55AB3

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 19:50 +0200, Joe Hart wrote:
> Rick Thomas wrote:

> >> You need to import the public key for volatile.debian.org separately
> >> using
> >> apt-key if you want to use this repo with secure apt, the key is not
> >> included in the default debian-archive-keyring package.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Two questions:
> >
> > 1) How do I import the public key for volatile?  (If it's in the fine
> > manual, then please point me to it so I can RTFM)
> >
> > 2) What's the reasoning behind not including it in the default
> > debian-archive-keyring package?  Is it not recommended that everyone use
> > volatile for the things like security and spam updates that it provides?
>
> 1) Rick, read the message Kushal Kumaran sent to you.  It tells you.
>
> 2) That is a good question.  I have no idea.  Oversight perhaps?  I am
> sure if it wasn't there is a good reason for it, but I have no idea what
> it could be.

Let me ask you this Joe.

Would you have the key for Debian-Multimedia in the "Debian Archive
Keyring"?

Being a Debian associated, but not really an Official Debian repository.
The same goes for volatile. Until they become FULL ON FRIENDSHIP Debian
repositories, I don't think it'll get into the "debian-archive-keyring"
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup