Re: xine: no plugin for MRL

On Saturday 14 April 2007 08:23, B_Kloss wrote:
> Am Samstag 31 März 2007 18:45 schrieb Nigel Henry:

> > > I am afraid, this may not be the reason, because all three computers
> > > are using the same sources.list:
> > >

> > > deb http://debian-multimedia.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/ etch main
> > > is where I am getting no free stuff.
> > >
> > > Anyway, thank you!
> > >
> > > Bernd
> >
> > Another thought also, is do you have libdvdcss installed on all 3
> > machines?
> >
> > If not it might explain why you can play your homemade dvd's, but can
> > only play some commercial dvd's on the one machine that you may have
> > libdvdcss installed on.
> >
> > Libdvdcss is needed for playing encrypted dvd's, and synaptic shows it as
> > the package libdvdcss2
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> Sorry to come up again with that problem. I thought  that Nigel gave the
> solution, because installing libdvdcss2 made my computer play all kinds of
> dvd's.
>
> Last week I installed libdvdcss2 on the third computer with that error, but
> here it did not work. With commercial dvd's still the error:
>  cannot find plugin for MRL
> occurs.
> w32codecs are installed.
> Something else still is missing. How can I find out, what I have to
> install?
>
> Thanks for help
> Bernd

Hi Bernd. I havn't got Debian booted up on the other machine at the moment,
but looking at when I installed Ogle, and Xine on FC2, I see I installed
these extra packages.

a52dec
libdvdcss
libdvdread
Then I installed Ogle, and ogle_gui (which is another player for DVD's)
Next I installed aalib, which should have been pulled in as a dep when you
installed Xine.
Also, working my way up the list towards Xine, I installed.
libfame
freeglut
xine-lib
xine
xine-skins
avifile
faad2
libmpeg3

I think I had a bit of a problem getting Xine working, because I also
installed the development packages for the above packages (probably wern't
necessary), and the only other package installed on that day was.

avifile-utils

All the above were installed using apt-get from the freshrpms repo, apart from
the avifile stuff which was from planetccrma.

I presume you installed your Xine from Christian Marillat's repo at,
http://debian-multimedia.org/

I don't know if the above package info is any help, but worth a look.

Nigel.