Re: Any good and high quality music player?

Sun.Botu wrote:
Hello,every body
My laptop's soundcard is AC 97 and when I play music in Ubuntu or Debian,the quality is tooooo bad.
Any software or driver can solve?
One thing I've found to improve sound quality is open alsamixer (assuming you're using alsa) and with a good quality MP3 playing (contradiction in terms warning) mute everything that's not need to play the music, particularly concentrating on muting all the analogue sources and any 'efects' this often clears up a lot of noise, (hiss & hum) then set the master volume to 30% and increase the PCM or whatever controls the MP3 playback volume to 100% then tinker with the master to get the best quality.