Re: lost cups in upgrade

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 06:09:43 -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
 sudo apt-get install cupsys
 Reading package lists... Done
 Building dependency tree... Done
 Package cupsys is not available, but is referred to by another package.
 is only available from another source
 However the following packages replace it:
   libcupsys2-dev cupsys-common cupsys-client cupsys-bsd
 E: Package cupsys has no installation candidate

 I've got these installed, but there is no printer daemon!!!

What happens if you try to start the daemon again with

invoke-rc.d cupsys start

or

/etc/init.d/cupsys start

(both commands as root or with sudo)

Funny you mention that....
There is no cupsys and I can't find cupsys in aptitude. It's listed but with version of <none> so I can't select it.
It "looks" like my debian mirror is lacking cupsys in some fashion.