From: anoop aryal <aaryal@foresightint.com>
Date: 12.04.2007. 17.51
Subject: Re: IBM x346
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 08:51, Ercan Gunes wrote:
Hii all ;

I had  a new ibm x346 intel xeon and I want to install debian on ibm
server. But there is a problem with scsi raid .  I created raid 1 from scsi
bios. And I start to install new installation. when I came to creating disk
, the raid 1 didn't seem to raid. The kernel see to sparate scsi disk
drive. How can I salve this problem

Did anybody experiences about this before

all the ibm boxes that we have, shipped with a ServRAID management CD (it's
built on top of linux live CD). the easiest way to configure them seems to be
to use that CD to configure the RAID instead of doing that from the BIOS.

we have a couple of x346 boxes and we configured the raid from the CD and
never had any problems.

btw, you need the 'ips' kernel module.

Cherrssss...

--