Re: unable to specify -unstable branch for installation

Kushal Kumaran wrote:
On 4/12/07, Tom Allison <tom@tacocat.net> wrote:
I'm trying to do:
apt-get install -t unstable dbmail dbmail-pgsql libglib2.0-data
and I can't seem to "see" the unstable branches.

sources.list:

# sources.list generated by apt-spy v3.1
deb http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu/linux/debian/ stable main contrib non-free deb http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu/linux/debian/ testing main contrib non-free deb http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu/linux/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free deb-src http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu/linux/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://debian.nfgd.net/debian unstable main
---------------------------------

apt-get install -t unstable dbmail dbmail-pgsql libglib2.0-data
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Suggested packages:
   sqlite3
   dbmail dbmail-pgsql libglib2.0-data
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 75 not upgraded.
Need to get 601kB of archives.
After unpacking 3441kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu testing/main dbmail 2.2.3-1 [288kB]
Get:2 http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu testing/main dbmail-pgsql 2.2.3-1 [17.2kB] Get:3 http://ftp.uwsg.indiana.edu unstable/main libglib2.0-data 2.12.11-2 [295kB]

That's because currently the same version of dbmail is in both testing
and unstable.  If you wait a while until a new version hits unstable,
you'll see apt pick up the unstable version.

This part I understand...

I didn't even see the last source [debian.nfgd.net] to pick up a later package...

I don't understand.

I have an additional deb entry for debian.nfgd.net which is the dbmail project debian package server. It didn't try to pick this up in the apt-get command. But there is a newer version of the package available from there.