Soundcard issues

Hello,

I have a IBM Thinkpad 770 which has a Cirrus Logic sound card. Getting
alsa drivers to work has not been to difficult. I can load the
appropriate driver with

> modprobe snd-cs4236 port=0x530 cport=0x538 irq=5 dma1=1 dma2=0
> isapnp=0

And all works which is great. So I went along and modified
/etc/modprobe.d/sound as

> alias snd-card-0 snd-cs4236
> options snd-cs4236 index=0 port=0x530 cport=0x538 irq=5 dma1=1 dma2=0
> isapnp=0

but when I reboot alsa loads nothing and I have to manually insert the
module. So I thought that loading the module and then running the
command

> alsactl store

I can then

> invoke-rc.d alsa reload
and
> invoke-rc.d alsa-utils reload

and everything works correct. So alsa can reload the module from
the /etc/modprobe.d/sound file fine. But upon reboot ... doesn't not
load.

Suggestions?

Zoho