Re: Youtube on non X86 platforms.

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 11:54 -0400, Michael Pobega wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 04:34:46PM +0100, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I know cross-posting is frowned upon but I just discovered a useful
> > item that you may like to try.
> >
> > http://blog.mikeasoft.com/2006/11/24/playing-youtube-videos-without-flash/
> >
> > The above link is a Greasemonkey script that plays Youtube movies
> > through MPlayer.  You'll need MPlayer and the MPlayer Mozilla plugin
> > as well as Greasemonkey installed to use the script.  I'm using the
> > unofficial Marilliat MPlayer on Etch AMD64 and it works fine for me!
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Ananda Samaddar
> >

> Wow, very nice find. Too bad I can't do anything like this on Galeon,
> but I guess I could keep Iceweasel around for YouTube.
>
> Now I can watch YouTube AND keep Adobe's flash player off my system! :D

Maybe you could give the bookmarklet version of the script a try?  I
haven't tried it myself (I use Epiphany, primarily, which has a
Greasemonkey extension), but it looks like it should work.  See comment
#2 at the link Ananda posted.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions