Re: mozilla-vlc plugin keeps crashing iceweasel

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:17:16 -0500, Wu-Kung Sun wrote:

> On 3/17/07, Vasil Benov <benovv@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My system is Debian Etch, Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 (if this is of any
>> relevance), I use the Gnome desktop environment.
>>
>> I think this might be a bug either in the mozilla-vlc plugin or (not very
>> likely) in the iceweasel.
>>
>> If there is no any other browser tab opened or another instance of the
>> browser running everything is fine.
>> But as long as any of the above cases are met. The browser always crashes if
>> i try to open a vlc stream
>> for the second time.
>
> I can confirm that I've been having the same problem with
> mozilla-mplayer.  I was going to question the mplayerplug-in devs but
> your email makes me think the problem is elsewhere.

We're having instant crash problems with xmms, audacious, and totem --
they com up alright, but when asked to play any music, they crash instead,
and can only be shut down with an explicit kill command.  Mozilla is not
involved as far as I know; we start the applications from the fluxbox
background menu.

totem just crashes immediately.

xmms and audacious are a little more rugged.  Here's the scenario:
  they put their windows up, with a playlist.  Double-click on one of the
 latest entries, it is selected for playing  and starts crawling text box
containing the name, but nothing actually plays, and the progress bar
remains at zero.  They, bored with this, we double-click on another song,
and it crashes -- becomes unresponsive, stops song name from crawling, and
can only be closed with the kill command.

It's an etch system that was make up-to-date yesterday.  The problem has
existed for about three days, which is about the last time I updated
this system.

-- hendrik