Re: ssh setup: what is the Debian way?

Paul E Condon wrote:
Debian automagically starts ssh-agent somewhere along the chain of
events that bring up X and Gnome.  I don't reboot often, but when I
do, I forget to run ssh-add.  Where can I place an invocation of
ssh-add so that it is run once just after login? I think there must be
a Debianly correct answer. What is it?

For me, the Seahorse agent daemon asks me for my private key passphrase when it is started by GNOME on login. You have to configure it to be started at login however, you can do this by going "System -> Preferences -> Session" and adding "seahorse-daemon" to your "Startup Programs".

HTH,
Andrew

TIA