Re: bios time is not shown by debian

On 4/7/07, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer@icfo.es> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 18:38:30 -0700, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
>  I have dual booting sony vaio laptop booting both vista and etch. System
>  time ie bios time is shown by vista. But etch shows 7 hrs less. I am in PDT.
>  Both linux and windows are configured to PDT time zone. In rcS, utc=no is
>  there. Still this time problem is there. Even if change after reboot, debian
>  shows less time. Anysolution is appreciated.

Can you read and set the hardware lock as root? Try

hwclock --show
hwclock --set --date="07 Apr 2007 13:06:46"

The date string should have the correct date/time for your local
timezone. Sometimes it is necessary to use the "--directisa" option to
make the above commands work. In that case you can put

HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa"

into /etc/default/rcS to make sure that setting/reading the hardware
clock works during shutdown/boot-up.

--
Regards,
          Florian

Thank you Very much Mr.Florian. I have added line to rcS.  Now during boot I get system time. But however after booting when I do
lvgvaio:~# hwclock --show
I get
select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

Though my problem during boot is solved, anything to do now for the above status.

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/