Re: How to hide config error in Aptitude?

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 11:35:11 +0530, Masatran, R. Deepak wrote:
> This NTLMAPS makes a config error due to which Aptitude complains everytime
> I run it. I configured NTLMAPS manually; how can I inform Aptitude that its
> configuration was successful?

Are you sure that you configured the package correctly? Please note that
"configure" has a very specific meaning for dpkg/apt(itude): It means
that all installation scripts have to be completed without errors. To do
this yourself you would have to analyze the scripts and perform the
exact same operations. Did you really do that?

In any case, I would be hesitant to mess around in apt(itude)'s package
status database. I think it would be better to figure out the problem
with the installation scripts. What is the error message?

(Just run "dpkg-reconfigure ntlmaps" as root and post the output.)

--
Regards,
          Florian