script command operation question

When script is run to catch what other commands output and what input they're given, does script delay writing any of typescript until a user exits from the script command? An accessibility situation over on gnome-accessibility-list needs some output so we can get a screen reader debugged. A livecd is in use and I'm figuring if a floppy or zip disk can be mounted before script is run and the typescript file can be saved to floppy or zip disk maybe ubiquity when run under orca with ubuntu can get debugged a bit quicker.