Re: [OT] Graphics programming

Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
I would like to try some simple graphics programming on Linux --
plotting points, lines, and arcs to a window, filling areas with
colour, etc. Preferably with a C interface, something like what
you could do with Turbo C on DOS in the 1980's.

What would be the easiest system to do this? Should I learn Java?
Or something else?

Regards, Jan

Hi Jan Willem,

You are going to get plenty of different answers. I like them all, but I vote for Qt:
libqt3-mt
libqt3-mt-dev
qt3-dev-tools
qt3-doc
(You can also go for the version 4 set, of course)
It comes with a huge set of examples and a vast system of documentation.
You'll have to know C++. (No big deal. Start with the Qt examples first)
I have put together a system to do that sort of plotting with a C interface, based on Qt:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpc-qt

HTH

Hugo