Re: [OT] Graphics programming

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 03:41:20PM +0200, Pierre THIERRY wrote:
> Scribit Douglas Allan Tutty dies 05/04/2007 hora 09:32:
> > Personally, I only program in two languages: Fortran and Python.  So I
> > would suggest python.
>
> Why not Fortran? ;-)

Python is easier to get stuff done in.  My usual routine is to write it
in python and see how it goes.  If something takes too long, I write
that section in fortran, keeping python as the front-end.

I don't do anything fancy like multi-language calls, I just write a
black-box fortran program that takes stdin, processes it, then writes to
stdout.  Then use the standard os.popen3 to communicate.

Doug.