Re: dovecot does not work

Nevruz Mesut Sahin:

> Deae friends in my system dovecot 1.0 is running I configured then I
> wrote below commands

There is no Dovecot 1.0 yet, only a number of 1.0 release candidates
(latest version is RC29, I think). RC29 is in sid, RC15 is in etch.

> chkconfig --level 2345 dovecot on
> chkconfig --list dovecot
> dovecot  0:off 1:off  2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off
> service dovecot restart
> Dovecot Imap stoping:                                     [FAÄ°LED]
> Dovecot Imap starting:                                      [  OK  ]
>
> ardından
> service dovecot start
> Dovecot Imap starting:                                      [  OK  ]

...so? In the first try it probably doesn't stop because it hasn't been
started yet. If there are no errors in the syslog (or whereever you let
Dovecot log into), everything should be fine.

BTW, when posting Dovecot-related questions, it is always a good idea to
include the output of 'dovecot -n' to show the non-default configuration
settings that Dovecot is using.

> dear friends is there anyway to configure dovecot with mysql
> authentication without LDAP.

Sure. Did you already check the wiki? You'll need a password database
and a user database. Both of it is quite well documented at
<http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication>.

J.
--
Driving behind lorries carrying hazardous chemicals makes me wish for a
simpler life.