Re: Get Dell D810 to See Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG -- Etch

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 14:02 -0500, Bruffey, Mark wrote:
> --Repost due to user error in first post--sorry all.--
>
> I need instructions to get an Intel Pro Wireless set up in Etch on a
>
> Dell D810. System sees wired ethernet connection just fine. I have
>
> located and tried to follow a couple of installation routines for the
>
> wireless without success. Is it possible to point me to a
> step-by-step,
>
> comprehensive, command line only, instruction for getting this card up
>
> and working?

Paste the output of the following commands into your reply:

$ lspci
$ ifconfig -a
$ iwconfig
$ lsmod | grep ipw

If 'iwconfig' returns 'command not found', you need to install the
wireless-tools package.

Also, the details of the wireless network you are trying to connect
to--specifically what kind of security parameters it has, would help us
help you.

> I'm not running any X interfaces.

May I ask why?

> Thanks much, Mark

> L. Mark Bruffey
> Director Library Services
> Central Baptist Theological Seminary
> 900 Forestview Lane N
> Plymouth  MN  55441
> 763 417 8264 (Tel)
> 763 417 8258 (Fax)
>
> mbruffey@centralseminary.edu
>
> Central Seminary www.centralseminary.edu
> Fourth Baptist Church www.fourthbaptist.org
> WCTS Radio AM 1030 Online www.centralseminary.edu/wcts

> Have you experienced the good news?
> "Every one who calls on the name of
> the Lord will be saved!" [Romans 10:13]

Andrew Barr | http://www.pridelands.dyndns.org/

"My life is an open book, but I'm not going to read it to you."
        -- David Hyde Pierce