migrating old mail from thunderbird to icedove

Couple of months back, the hard drive on one of my machines has gone bad.
That machine used to run thunderbird (dont remember which version) and all
my email was stored in /home/username/.mozilla-thunderbird . I copied the
old /home partition (from backups) onto a new machine's /home/username.
However when I run icedove now, it is not recognizing the fact that my
email is stored in ~/.mozilla-thunderbird.

The ~/.thunderbird directory is empty. The new machine runs Debian Etch
(testing), icedove 1.5.0.10. I cannot recall the old machine's thunderbird
version, but it was also running Etch.

1) What is the default location where icedove stores all its files? I looked
at the man page of icedove, README.Debian.gz but none of them mention this.

2) Is there any way to tell icedove to migrate all the old emails to its
newer (if any) default location?

Any other suggestions/ideas on this issue are also welcome.

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi