Re: CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND=y, ACPI, and uswsusp

Wayne Topa wrote:

Last try

1.  cd /usr/src/linux
less .config

Post the section starting with
#
# Power management options (ACPI, APM)
#

#
# Power management options (ACPI, APM)
#
CONFIG_PM=y
CONFIG_PM_LEGACY=y
# CONFIG_PM_DEBUG is not set

#
# ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support
#
CONFIG_ACPI=y
# CONFIG_ACPI_AC is not set
# CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY is not set
CONFIG_ACPI_BUTTON=y
# CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO is not set
# CONFIG_ACPI_HOTKEY is not set
CONFIG_ACPI_FAN=y
# CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK is not set
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR=y
CONFIG_ACPI_THERMAL=y
# CONFIG_ACPI_ASUS is not set
# CONFIG_ACPI_IBM is not set
# CONFIG_ACPI_TOSHIBA is not set
CONFIG_ACPI_BLACKLIST_YEAR=0
# CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_ACPI_EC=y
CONFIG_ACPI_POWER=y
CONFIG_ACPI_SYSTEM=y
CONFIG_X86_PM_TIMER=y
# CONFIG_ACPI_CONTAINER is not set
# CONFIG_ACPI_SBS is not set

#
# APM (Advanced Power Management) BIOS Support
#
# CONFIG_APM is not set

2. Tell us what kernel source you are using. ie dpkg -l linux-kernel |grep ^i

That command returns:
phobos:/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.18# dpkg -l linux-kernel |grep ^i

No packages found matching linux-kernel.

I am using the Debian kernel source 2.6.18. Got that from: apt-get install linux-source-2.6.18.

3. aptitude install linux-kernel-{whatever version you want} from
{whichever dist you are using}

Huh? Please elaborate. Did you mean kernel-image-{whatever-version-I-want}?

Please reconfigure your Icedove mail headers.  You don't need to send
two copies of your mail to the list.  The Cc: is not necessaty.

Wayne

Sorry about that. Done.

I really appreciate your help with this.