Re: kscd doesn't show utf-8 characters

Christoph Burgmer wrote:

Maybe you should post that on debian-kde, maybe my hint does help:

If you refer to setting the CDDB answer to utf-8 then my guess is to try something else then utf. I never had any album information stored in UTF-8, it's more likely to be some bloddy old standard, maybe even some windows encoding (since many users contribute using windows). For me trying all known encoding schemes for one particular language does help.

If it comes to music (tagging) we are still in prehistorical times.

Christoph

I encountered this on an audio CD which I made myself. We recorded music (mics, mixer, mixer->Line-In and using audacity). We also entered the titles and cd-text info (using easytag). Entering the information was not a problem. The international characters in Unicode worked perfectly. Using vorbiscomment and metaflac commands I ensured that proper data has been saved in the tracks -- the output of the commands in Konsole displayed the characters properly. The only problem was getting that data displayed in kscd. I have since filed a bug in kscd package.

thanks,
->HS