Re: add memory and spam question

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 08:44 -0700, ann kok wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have add memory and spam questions
>
> 1/ After adding the memory from 1G to 2G, the bios can
> show the correct 2G memory. but the kernel can't show
> it. Do I need to change any setting?
>
> 2/ I have the problem about spam to outside/inside.
> How can I prevent users to spam mail to outside? eg:
> limit the 100 mails to send out.
>
> for the spam to inside, what is the command to easy to
> identify the huge mail to send to the server

I can answer your first question as it is *WIDELY* know that the i386
kernel cannot handle more than 1G of memory, Sarge or Etch.

That means, you need to install the i686 or k7 kernel.

You second question, I cannot answer it as you have not given us ANY
info on your setup at all. There are about 40 different MTAs available,
about as many popular SPAM filter/scanners.

I could on at length on how to implement them, but really how long would
that tome be?

More info is needed, and to be blunt, we need what you are using. Or
what MTA, SPAM filter, Debian distro, what MUAs you are serving, any
rule processing (like mailfilter or procmail) you may be using.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup