Re: [ML ISSUE] reply-to field ?

On 30.03.07 16:58, galevsky@gmail.com wrote:
> ? it missed something.... we are talking about adding Reply-to to ML, not to
> day-to-day emails.

it is just the thing considered harmful. Get an e-mail client that supports
List-Reply feature. Mailing list manager should not decide who to send
replies to. It's up to the sender of e-mail to specify where (s)he wishes
replies should be sent to and up to the replier to decide who it will send
reply to, list, sender or both.

> It is a wrong way not to take the use into
> consideration:  most of the replies are done to the ML, so we can easily
> consider replying to the whole ML as a default behaviour.

Yes, it is.

> In very particular cases, when you don't want to share, you can do the
> cut/paste effort to target only one contributor, can't you ? So what's
> broken ?

The reasoning of people who want Reply-To being set up. The mailers who do
not know about mailing lists.

...this should be mentioned in mailing lists FAQ, if there is any...
Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.