Re: daylight saving

Arnau writes:
> I'm intrigued about how linux changes the time according to the daylight
> saving time rules.

It doesn't.  Linux keeps time in UTC.

> I know that those rules are stored in /usr/share/zoneinfo/ but I don't
> know which process does this change...

There is no change.  Processes which need local time call library functions
which get the UTC time from the kernel, look up the conversion in
/usr/share/zoneinfo/ (or /etc/localtime if TZ is unset) and return local
time.  Each user can have her own local time.
--
John Hasler