Re: daylight saving

>Hi all,
>
>   I'm intrigued about how linux changes the time according to the
>daylight saving time rules. I know that those rules are stored in
>/usr/share/zoneinfo/ but I don't know which process does this change,
>I'm pretty sure it can't be a cron task that does this change, am I
>wrong?

Certainly not cron.

>Anybody knows this? I have been "googling" and haven't found any
>response to this.

Try including "RTC" in your searches. I belive that the RTC (real time clock)
must be always referencing the timezone file, but I don't know more than that
(I may be wrong, but I think it would have to, at least periodically).
Probably you will have to look at the kernel source code.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

--

jw@mailsw.com - System Administrator - Cedar Creek Software