Re: Tool to monitor system downtimes?

On 3/28/07, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
Parse this single line file: /proc/loadavg.
Thats what I already do in the perl program I wrote, in order to get
the latest load (first number is the average per 1 minute)... Is there
anything else you want to tell me, something that I missed?

Anyway, it seems that there is not such a tool. cacti and snmp seem to
be complex, the program from Hugo seems to be for a slightly different
purpose. All are not command line oriented.

QUESTION FOR ALL OF YOU:
Would anyone find it benefitial for them what I have in my mind (see
first email)? If yes, I would continue work and try to put together a
debian package one day.

Best regards,
Joerg