Re: List access

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 12:13:27PM +0000, Tim Johnson wrote:
> I sent an email to this address last weekend, it does not
> appear to have been received.
>
> So this is a test.....

If you are refereing to the "USP drive" email that Greg mentioned,
then your mail is getting through. The problem is that you are
hijacking threads. That means you are responding to an existing thread
with a non-relevant question. This is severely frowned on as it breaks
up the continuity of the existing thread but also causes your post to
get lost to others who are not watching the thread you hijacked. This
"USP drive" email is a great example. It was buried deep in another
thread. I actually saw that subject header, but was not participating
in that particular thread and just marked the whole thread as read and
never looked at your mail.

To get a response around here, you should start your own thread by
sending a new email to debian-user@lists.debian.org. Use a meaningful
subject and please ask intelligent questions
(http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html).