3D acceleration

Dear Madam,
Dear Sir,

I have a question concerning 3D acceleration on my Dell Inspiron 1501 AMD64 with a Radeon Xpress 1150 3D-capable Graphics card. Currently I am using Debian Etch 64 installed via Netinstaller. This went perfect and all went smooth.

Now I installed the FlightGear Simulator, but this turns out to be very slow. The freeglut does not start properly and gives the quote "This will hurt your performance". It turns out that the 3D acceleration is not installed. Searching the internet and asking around did not give me any hint on how to get this working under Debian. Would it be possible that you could tell me how to get the 3D acceleration operational so that I can use the whole potential of the Notebook?

Thank you for your advise,
Sincerely,
Bart
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail