Re: How to compile

On Tue March 27 2007 21:50, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> > I'm running etch-amd64 as I type this in kmail.. ;)
>
> Do you mean you have KDE in Etch AMD64?

Yes, even sarge-amd64 has kde and gnome and a few others.

> > My wireless nic uses the madwifi driver so I install it with
> > module-assistant.

> How do I find and use module assistant?

m-a is a standard debian package, just "apt-get install module-assistant"
should get it for you, or select it with aptitude, dselect, syaptic or adept.
Once it's installed "m-a prepare" will setup your box with all the stuff you
need to compile kernels then "m-a a-i madwifi" will get the madwifi source
and build and install the madwifi module. You may need a different driver for
your card.

That should keep you out of trouble for a while.. ;) Hollar if you need
help.. :)