Re: kmail and imap

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 10:03:07AM +0200, pol wrote:
> Recently, i guess after upgrading kmail or my 'dovecot' imap server
> (on debian/testing), kmail cannot access the imap server, returning
> the message:
>    "The server supports neither IMAP4 nor IMAP4rev1.
>     It identified itself with:"
>
> So it seems the server does not identify itself anymore.
> Yet Mutt works properly through dovecot, as always.
>
> Any ideas?

First, I would make sure that you upgrade all of kde along with kmail
since there are a lot of dependencies.  This has bitten me in the past.

Then, I'd get a tcpdump/wireshark capture of the packets between your
client (mutt/kmail) and the dovecot server and see what the difference
is between mutt and kmail on the wire.

- Ryan