Re: deleting content of /tmp

On 26.03.07 18:41, Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
> Interesting. Is there any downside?

if you (or your users if there are any) use /tmp for storing junk, you'll
have less of memory. But after a few reboots it should stop

> Why isn't  this default?

there are still people (programs?) who don't know that /tmp is for TEMPORARY
files and use ti that way.
Also, filesystem design is usually on system administrator who does not know
about these possibilities.
M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !