Re: Where to put modules to load at boot?

On Monday 26 March 2007 18:13, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 05:58:41PM -0700, mike wrote:
> > Still struggling trying to get LIRC to start properly at boot.
> >
> > Other systems, like Fedora, Ubunto, etc, seemingly can put this
> > in /etc/modprobe.conf, or  /etc/sysconfig/modules/,
> > and my Debian doesn't have those places.
> > I try in /etc/modules to no avail.
> > The file /etc/modules.conf says "DO NOT EDIT".
> >
> > How are you Debian experts doing this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
>
> are you saying that you put the modules in /etc/modules and after a
> reboot, and a lsmod, the modules you put in there do not show up?

Thanks, Kevin, I am tearing my hair out... Yes they do show up in lsmod, but
LIRC isn't working. This doesn't make sense to me.

I have found in order to get LIRC working after a reboot, I have to go to the
LIRC directory and do "make clean && make && make install (as root) then
manually load the modules, then do "lircd" (as root). Then if I do "irw" and
get some responses on the screen from my remote, I know it's working again.

I sincerely appreciate ideas,
Mike