Re: What is this kernel error?

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 09:24:57PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 20:56 -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:

> > > Well, you know more than we do. We don't even have the machine at our
> > > disposal.
> >
> > Really?
>
> I was being serious, I guess you have no need for a real answer.

A stupid comment is *not* being serious.

> > > What he was asking for, are there any correlations based on activities
> > > performed on the machine at the same time?
> >
> > If I knew any such info I would have mentioned it. I get an email from
> > logcheck once an hour. I couldn't begin to tell you exactly what I was
> > doing 45 minutes (or whatever) ago.
>
> I guess you better start noting what you are doing. If you can't explain
> it to us, how the heck can we help you?

Look, after checking further I realized that I wasn't even *home* when
the second message occurred. I had left about 15 minutes earlier. The
machine was not really doing anything. There was nothing in the apache
logs. Nothing in the exim4 logs. The nearest entry in syslog was at
least 30 seconds before or after. The only program that was really
active was a python script doing an nntp download but I've been running
that program daily for *months*. Maybe the screensaver kicked in. Or the
monitor went to sleep. But those things have been happening forever
while the messages have occurred only twice and only today.

[ lots of attempted abuse deleted ]

> As far as I am concerned, you still haven't given enough context to
> figure the problem(s) out.

There *is* *no* consistent context. Nothing was happening that hadn't been
happening countless times for months (or at least days) but the messages
suddenly appeared only today.

> So I guess, I'll have to work on those "smart
> answers" for someone else that does provide enough diagnostic info to
> help fix their issues.

If you can't be helpful then just STFU.

--
"Work is the source of nearly all the misery in the world."
		-- Bob Black