Copying files to a windows XP partition (mtools?)

   With a lot of help from people on this list, I have a dual-boot
system with /dev/sda1 as a windows partition (etch install).

   After mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 ./mntpoint

I can use ls to see files in the windows partition and copy files
to debian.  However, I cannot send files in the other direction.
I hope there is a simple fix.

   On an older dual-boot system, I used mtools.  Is this still
recommended?  I tried created a mtools.conf file that just said

drive c:
file="/dev/sda1"

but I just get a message "drive c: not supported"