On 3/24/07, wix@eskimo.com <wix@eskimo.com> wrote:
Greetings;

I just learned of Icedove today.

Is anybody here using it?

What do you think of it?

Where caqn I find some more info on it?

Thanks for any info!

Dennis
Slightly off topic, but I use and like Sylpheed. Sylpheed is a very fast and lightweight email program written in GTK. It has nice features, a nice interface, and is easy to integrate with bogofilter.

There is a related program, called Claws mail, that was based on Sylpheed and is supposed to be more up to date. I am considering switching to Claws. Check the article about Claws on Wikipedia.

Regarding bogofilter: it is a nice Bayesian spam filter written in C. It is fast, has a small probability of false negatives, and a very small possibility of false positives. This last point (the very small possibility of false positives) is a nice one: it means that with bogofilter, you don't have to worry about checking your spam folder, unlike with other spam filters.

--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free.