Re: pppconfig "command not found"

eklektik wrote:

----- Original Message ----
From: Marty <martyb@ix.netcom.com>
To: eklektik <joz_mak@yahoo.ca>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 1:58:48 PM
Subject: Re: pppconfig "command not found"

eklektik wrote:

This was the output massage:
depends on ppp (<=2.3.7)
package ppp is not installed

Jmak

I suspect that you didn't choose the right install options.  You may
be able to correct the problem by re-running the installer,
called "base-install."  Try "man base-install" to see if there's a
man page.

There may be a more fundamental problem, however.  Earlier you posted
that your installation media lacks pppconfig, which is part of the main distribution. Do you have a full set of the installation media? You
should not have to run around the net looking for missing pieces.

<snip>
     -->This is the repository  I downloaded from.

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/etch_di_rc2/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-xfce-CD-1.iso

I didn't see CD-2, so I suspect CD-1 was the only available iso for xfce.

jmak

Apparently somebody decided that ppp and pppconfig are not essential. I think your case suggests that it is, so you might want to take up the issue on a
developer list such as debian-cd or debian-testing, or just file a bug report.

In the meantime you can find the dependancies of ppp using the command "apt-cache depends ppp" and install each of those dependancies before you
installing ppp and pppconfig.

Here is the output I get on Sarge:

$ apt-cache depends ppp
ppp