Re: pppconfig "command not found"

No, the pppconfig package is not installed from some strange reason. And I cannot connect to the internet to download it.

If you can post to this mailing list, then you have internet access from some other computer. I think it should be enough to download just these two files:

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/ppp/ppp_2.4.4rel-8_amd64.deb
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/pppconfig/pppconfig_2.3.15_all.deb

They can fit even of floppy disk. Then take it to your computer, mount the floppy or whatever, change to mount directory and install with

dpkg -i ppp_2.4.4rel-8_amd64.deb
dpkg -i pppconfig_2.3.15_all.deb

Just to mention, since you are on dial-up, it would be probably the best to acquire Etch DVDs.