Re: pppconfig "command not found"

----- Original Message ----
From: Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:51:50 AM
Subject: Re: pppconfig "command not found"

eklektik <joz_mak@yahoo.ca> wrote:

[major snip due to bad quoting of yahoo]

> Thanks,
> But the pppconfig package cannot be found on the cd and I cannot
> connect to the internet to install it. Is there way to connect to the
> internet without pppconfig?
>
> Jmak

Yes, you can write/edit the config files yourself. You will need to
change at least /etc/ppp/peers/provider and /etc/ppp/pap-secrets (or
chap-secrets)

See 'man pppd' and the docs in /usr/share/doc/ppp/ for more info.

Thanks for the reply,

I just start realizing that something is wrong with this installation because many files are missing. There is no /etc/ppp/provider file there is no man pppd, the  /usr/share/doc/ppp entry is also missing. I guess I have to wait and reinstall it when the final will come out.
I have never experienced something like this before.

Jmak