Re: Used tasksel to remove packages, now there are dependency issues

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 10:54:51PM -0700, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:

> Networking is definitely working as I can access the web.
> "aptitude show openbsd-inetd" showed the status as "partially
> configured".
>
> > Its openbsd-inetd that's messing up the works.  Try
> > reinstall: # apt-get install --reinstall openbsd-inetd
>
> I tried with both apt-get and aptitude and here is the output
> (it's long):

[snip: apt runs /etc/init.d/openbsd-inetd start, and start fails]

Since apt doesn't give us the output, try starting it directly:

	#/etc/init.d/openbsd-inetd start

and watch the output.

Also, immediatly after:

	#tail -n 25 /var/log/syslog