Re: Xserver/KDE problem?

Mitja Podreka wrote:
Liam O'Toole wrote:
Do you see any error messages on the console when you run 'startx'? Are
there any errors in the files ~/.xsession-errors
and /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
After running startx there is no error message, I see just the end of Xorg.0.log file.

~/.xsession-errors is empty

and /var/log/Xorg.0.log doesn't show any obvious signs of errors (at least as far as I know).

Try putting "xterm" temporarily as the last item in your "~/.xinitrc" file (create the file with this single line if it does not exist) and try "startx"; let us know what happens.

--
Kent