NFSv4 oddities

Hi!

I'm having trouble with NFSv4 mounts on etch. There are two (possibly
related) problems. The first one is simple: the mount becomes
inaccessible (permission denied) every now and then (it is mounted with
sec=krb5), with no discernable pattern: I just had a mount which was fine
for over a month, but then it suddenly became inaccessible. This has
happened occassionally for over half a year, but simply restarting the
server daemons has fixed it, so I haven't bothered looking into it more
carefully.

Now I hit another problem: the same mountpoint suddenly claims that:

juhaj@noether 15:08:44 /hds/faddeev/unknots/1r1+1> rm 1r1+1_0.bin
rm: remove write-protected regular file `1r1+1_0.bin'? y

And refuses to remove the file, even though:

juhaj@noether 15:12:20 /hds/faddeev/unknots/1r1+1> whoami
juhaj
juhaj@noether 15:12:28 /hds/faddeev/unknots/1r1+1> ls -l 1r1+1_0.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 juhaj juhaj 128088 2007-03-22 10:30 1r1+1_0.bin

And this cannot be fixed. I even umounted the file system, shut down both
server AND client processes (incl. idmapd), started them again and
remounted the filesystem - it still won't remove the file.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

(Please cc me on reply, I'm not on the list.)

-Juha

                | Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| Laboratory of Theoretical Physics		|
		| Department of Physics, University of Turku	|
                | home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/              |