Re: Home Directory on External Drive

On 3/22/07, Masatran, R. Deepak <masatran@research.iiit.ac.in> wrote:
I want to keep my home directory on an external drive and move it between
computers as required.

I managed 8000 users in a WAN and all personal directories are stored
in a sMB server and I'm using libpam-mount to give them their home
directory.

It's highly configurable and, for your request, this words from README file:

# Linux encrypted home directory examples:
# volume user local - /dev/hda123 /home/user loop,encryption=aes - -
# volume user local - /home/user.img /home/user
loop,user,exec,encryption=aes,keybits=256 - -
# volume user local - /home/user.img - - - -
# volume user local - /home/user.img - - aes-256-ecb /home/user4.key

you can crypt your home directory or not.

It's begin to work when you log in your system and end working when
you log out, so it transparent for users.

cheers,
diego

--
___Diego Martínez Castañeda
_________n1mh  @ n1mh.org

Trabaja como si no necesitaras el dinero.
Ama como si nunca te hubieran herido.
Baila como si nadie te estuviera mirando.