Re: Sneakernet .deb packages by usb thumb?

Celejar wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:07:54 -0700
charles norwood <crn@pacbell.net> wrote:

On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 19:32 -0700, chussung@gmail.com wrote:
My desktop debian system is at home with no available internet
connection.

Work provides internet with no linux.

is there any way to aquire .deb packages from the repository and take
them home on a usb for install/upgrade?

I have poured through the pages with no luck.

Install cygwin on the windows box, then use sft to move them to your box at home.

No need for cygwin; just use putty - it's excellent.

Celejar

I'm a big fan of both cygwin and putty, but I doubt either one of them is going to help much with getting files to a non-internet-connected debian machine.

	~c