Re: Very slow network - Ubuntu

Greg Folkert wrote:

Even though Ian Murdock says so. He is saying it is Debian, because it
is spawned by Debian... it is related, but has diverged significantly
from Debian. It has especially change in the "init" sections of the OS,
which is where YOUR problem exists.

I don't think that's been established, and I've been following this
thread from the start.  Until the problem is identified, it's not
clear that it doesn't also exist in Debian.  If it's a driver initialization
issue (as I suspect) then it could affect all distributions.

Furhermore, like Murdock, I see the proliferation of debian-based distros as
a positive thing, rather than some type of subversive threat, or a cause for
circling the wagons.

If in the future I decide to use a spinoff distribution, it's valuable to know
that I can still get support from Debian users.  Of course, this would be
done only after seeking support from uses of the spinoff distro, as the OP in this thread did.