Re: Monitor filesystem changes

On Mar 19, 4:00 pm, Ron Johnson <ron.l.john...@cox.net> wrote:
> On 03/19/07 11:11, Alex Lorca wrote:
> > I have a debian etch 2.6.17 an i need to monitor the changes
> > (create/modify/delete) in a directory that is shared between various users.
> > I have used the interface inotify but it doesn`t show what user is making
> > the changes.
>
> > ¿Is there a way to report the chang and who made it with inotify or
> > similar?
>
> Have you tried fam?

Personally, I have to restart FAM 5-10 times a day due to it sucking
up 100% CPU time when I do something that should be trivial, like run
Iceweasel or launch KPlayer.  The apps hang without even displaying
their GUI until I restart FAM, after which everything is fine, until
FAM goes nuts again.  There are about 5 or 6 bug reports in the BTS,
over a year old, with no light in the tunnel so far.  Maybe I should
try gamin again, though I know I switched back to FAM for some
reason...