Re: ether-wake won't work anymore.

Hi,

In article <[🔎] 45FDAFBA.1060706@gmail.com>,
           Bruno Buys<bruno.grupos@gmail.com> wrote:
> I´ve relied on etherwake to up remote machines, and it worked ok for
> quite some time. But recently I noticed it kind of stopped working.
> Since today I bumped two more machines which don't etherwake, I decided
> to see if anybody here knows something about it.
> Is there any change of version, or protocol or something of this sort?
> Any help is appreciated.

Not sure if it's relevant, but I've had etherwake fail occasionally. It
seemed to be related to when the machine being woken had been completely
powered off (power cut or similar). I found I hate to power it up using the
button on the case, then shut it down. From then, etherwake would work just
fine.

Andy