Re: audio recorder on etch?

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
Scheduling an audio recording with sound-recorder failed on my etch box.
Only about the first 3 hours were recorded, resulting in a file just 2.0
GB large. (This was a recording of an opera production, so it is
difficult / impossible to predict suitable breaks in order to record
smaller chunks.)

I cannot find any hint in the documentation to sound-recorder claiming a
limit on file size / maximum recording time.

I use ext3 and routinely record videos of larger size than 2.0 GB.

Is this a bug in sound recorder?
Are there any (better) command line tools available for recording audio,
that allow for longer recordings?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Johannes

This may not be what you are looking for, however...

I record KUSC operas with mplayer. Evidently you have broadband, and I do not. But I just recorded 5 hours = 2.2GB without a problem. But I have ext2. mplayer is used with pure commandline: I am not even there when it starts recording.

I'll be glad to post more details.

Hugo